A good number of smartphone users in Africa can attest tothe fact that mobile data is not always cheap.
For those streaming or downloadinghuge files, or even working from home, mobile data can be very costly.
<p><b>India was ranked as the country with the cheapest data worldwide with the cost of 1GB costing an average of $0.26 (Sh26.39).</b></p><p><b>Out of the 230 countries, Africa had three countries topping with the most expensive mobile data.</b></p>
In a survey done by the Cable.co.uk, a UK-based pricecomparison website, mobile data hugely varies across different countries.
The report analyzed the cost of 1GB of mobile data in 230 countries.
India was ranked as the country with the cheapest dataworldwide with the cost of 1GB costing an average of $0.26 (Sh26.39).
Out of the 230 countries, Africa had three countries toppingwith the most expensive mobile data.
Here are the top ten countries in Africawith the most expensive mobile data for 1GB;
1. Zimbwabwe - $75.20 (Sh7,632.05)
2. Equatorial Guinea - $65.83 (Sh6,681.09)
3. Saint Helena - $55.47 (Sh5, 629.65)
4. Djibouti – $37.92 (Sh3,848.50)
5. Chad – $23.33 (Sh2,367.76)
6. Benin - $20.99 (Sh2,130.28)
7. Seychelles - $19. 55 (Sh1,984.13)
8. Mozambique - $15.82 (Sh1,605.57)
9. Botswana - $14.12 (Sh1,433.04)
10. Comoros - $12.57 (Sh1,275.73)