Rita Ora taken was taken into her mandatory 14-day quarantine by armed police after arriving in Australia. The singer has travelled Down Under ahead of her stint as a judge on the Australian version of The Voice and has to follow the country's guidance on arrivals from abroad.
The Sun reports Rita, 30, entered quarantine after landing in Sydney after her flight in from the UK. She will have been escorted by police officers, customary for all travellers being taken into quarantine, driven to her designated hotel and told to stay put for 14 days.
Australian officials provide transport and arrange the accommodation, while the process is overseen by border agents and Australian Federal Police. Travellers quarantining will need to have a Covid test within the first 48 hours after arrival and then again between days 10 to 12.
A source told the publication: "Rita travelled first class, with all the trimmings of private lounges and VIP suites. But there was nothing she could do to avoid having to properly quarantine."
Rita will not be allowed to leave her hotel room for the full 14-day quarantine period, unless she is required to go outside the room to take her Covid tests. Travellers must stay put and not leave for any reason. All meals will be brought to the door by room service.
Rita previously admitted failing to adhere to the UK government's quarantine rules when she flew back from Egypt in November. She had jetted out to the country on November 21 to perform at the five-star W Hotel, and failed to self-isolate on her return to the UK a day later. Under government rules, she should have put herself in quarantine for 14 days when she got home.
Rita later apologised in a statement, saying: "I recently flew to Egypt to perform at a corporate event for a private company, where my travel party followed protocol and presented negative Covid tests upon entry, as required by Egyptian authorities. Upon my return to Britain, I should have followed Government advice and isolated myself for the required period. As you know, I didn’t follow Government advice and… I apologise again, unreservedly."
The revelation came days after it emerged Rita had flouted lockdown rules by hosting her 30th birthday at Casa Cruz in London's Notting Hill with a group of pals. At a licence review application for the restaurant brought by the Met Police this week, the restaurant's boss claimed Rita's team offered him £5,000 to break Covid rules and host the party.
According to the review, a CCTV blackout was enforced at Casa Cruz while Rita's celebrity friends made their entrances back in November. Rita shared a grovelling apology with her fans after she was slammed over the party on social media. She said she was "deeply sorry" for the "inexcusable" party which she insisted was a "spur of the moment".