Deputy President William Ruto is celebrating his birthday today as he turns 54. On Monday morning, Kenyans took to social media to celebrate the Deputy President using the hashtag #RutoAt54, which is currently trending at number one.
#RutoAt54 is a testament that anyone who dares to dream can make it . He has been loyal to his dream and truth be told , his journey has been quite a fairy tale .Happy birthday @WilliamsRuto — Nehemiah (@NehemiahRotich) December 21, 2020
Happy Birthday HE Dr Wiliam Ruto, top class brain in Kenya's political arena, the genius mind, the fiercely independent brain, a servant of God and a man of the people.
— CEDRIC (@CedricAnami) December 21, 2020
54 years ago Kenya's chief hustler and king of kenyan political sphere was born. A son of a peasant, through prayers and education rises beyond ranks to sit as the second powerful man in kenya and the first in command come 2022. He is a true motivation to all hustlers.#RutoAt54pic.twitter.com/unowcOrXXp — Kiptoo Claudius Laita (@KiptooLaita) December 21, 2020
Born on 21 December, 1966, in Kamagut to Daniel Cheruiyot and Sarah Cheruiyot, here are ten interesting things about William Ruto you should know;
1. William Ruto got married to his wife Racheal Ruto in 1991 and are blessed with six children.
2. He attended Kerotet Primary School and later joined Wareng Secondary School for his Ordinary Levels education before proceeding to Kapsabet Boys, Nandi for his Advanced Levels. He was ranked the best student in his class.
3. DP Ruto is from a humble background despite being very rich. His parents were not wealthy, and he had to work his way to the top.
4. He is a staunch Christian, a firm believer, and a member of the African Inland Church. He was once the head of a choir at a local church.
5. He is the current Deputy President of the Republic of Kenya since 4 March 2013, when he was elected alongside President Uhuru Kenyatta.
6. He was once a chicken seller, carrying out his trade at Kambi Kuku market along the busy Eldoret — Malaba Highway.
7. On 28 July 2017, Ruto's home in Sugoi village near Eldoret was targeted by at least one attacker armed with a machete. A police officer guarding the residence was injured during the attack.
8. He worked as a teacher at the Sirgoi Secondary school and Kamagut Secondary school before he joined politics.
9. William Ruto is a family man and takes his family matters very seriously.
10. It is believed he has his eyes on the big seat in 2022.
What message would you like to send to the Deputy President as he celebrates his birthday?