Tanzanian singer Naseeb Abdul alias Diamond Platnumz has opened up on his experience shooting the music video for Waah featuring Congolese music maestro Antoine Christophe Agbepa Mumba alias Koffi Olomide. Speaking in an interview with Wasafi Radio, the singer described the making of the video as difficult, explaining that a lot was required from both him and his music counterpart. Despite the tiresome work, Diamond appreciated Koffi Olomide for his dedication and immense talent.
“I respect Koffi Olomide so much because he is a legend and he knows how this game goes. I may have made hits but he remains the king especially in this kind of music. It was very difficult to shoot the video. We dressed a lot. I was going through a hard time. You were giving me a hard time,” he said.
Asked why he preferred to shoot the video in Tanzania, Diamond revealed that it was cheaper for Koffi to fly into the country compared to him flying out.
“The reason why I had him come to Tanzania was that it was cheaper to have him here than me travelling to Congo with the band, dancers and crew which would have been so expensive,” he added.
The legendary Congolese Soukous singer heaped praise on Diamond describing him as an extremely clever and talented individual with a good heart.
“This guy is talented and very clever and with a good heart. His destiny is great and I can confirm he is too talented. It was a pleasure working with him. I have learned from him a lot,” said Koffi.
The upbeat dance music video which premiered on November 30, 2020, garnered over a million views on YouTube within the first 8 hours of release. With this milestone, Diamond has dethroned Nigerian singer Davido whose song Fem got over a million views in the first 9 hours of its debut. Sometime in June Diamond was named the first Sub-Saharan African artiste to hit 1 billion views on YouTube, overshadowing Afrobeat singers Davido, Wizkid and Burna Boy whose numbers are 618 million, 507 million and 480 million respectively.
Below is a list of songs that helped Diamond reach the coveted milestone:
1. Innos’B Ft Diamond Platnumz- Yope Remix, 60 million views.
2. Diamond Ft Mr Flavour – Nana, 59 million views.
3. Harmonize Ft Diamond Platnumz –Kwangwaru, 58 million views.
4. Diamond Platnumz Ft Fally Ipupa – Inama, 47 million views.
5. Diamond Platnumz Ft Omarion- African Beauty, 44 million views
6. Diamond Platnumz Ft NE-YO –Marry You, 40 million views.
7. Diamond Platnumz Ft Davido – Number One Remix, 39 million views.
8. Diamond Platnumz- Sikomi, 39 million views.
9. Rayvanny Ft Diamond Platnumz- Tetema, 37 million views.
10. Diamond Platnumz ft Rayvanny –Salome, 31 million views.