Health CS Mutahi Kagwe on Friday warned the nation that we are not out of the woods yet as far as fighting Covid-19 is concerned.
While addressing the public from Harambee House, Kagwe stressed that it is not the time to let our guard down as even those who have received the Covid vaccine can get the virus but with less severity.
He also urged Kenyans to desist from self-medicating especially for respiratory illnesses saying several lives have been lost as a result of this.
As part of the containment measures announced on Friday, the following key points were made as the country continues to fight the pandemic.
- All public gatherings and in-person meetings are suspended countrywide. Government officials asked to adopt virtual meetings
- Congregational worship to adhere to interfaith council protocols. Churches to allow only one-third of the capacity
- Distance of 1metre between two people in churches
- All restaurants to adhere to protocols given by Ministry of Health
- The ongoing curfew hours (10pm to 4am) apply to the entire country
- All employers asked to allow employees to work from home unless they handle essential services
- Members of the public urged against OTC drugs, seek proper treatment
- Kenyans who have received the vaccine are urged to avoid unnecessary movement. Wear facemasks, wash hands and practice social distancing
- Get vaccinated
- All teachers asked to get vaccinated to safeguard future generations in schools
- Counties urged to install oxygen piping to ensure maximum utilization of oxygen plants