The pressure to buy the perfect gift can be stressful and time-consuming and take away from the enjoyment of the holiday.
This Valentine’s Day and any other day, really, remind your significant other how much you care by doing some of these sweet gestures. Valentine’s Day is about love, so shouldn’t your gifts really show it?
No matter how long you’ve been together, you don’t have to go all out and splurge on expensive, materialistic presents.
Sometimes the best and most appreciated gifts are cheap or even free - back massage, anyone?
Here are 15 more cheap treats.
1. Make them a good breakfast.
2. Have all of their laundry done the morning of V-Day.
3. Leave a note in his or her briefcase or purse so they’ll see it when they get to work. Surprise them with morning sex.
4. Surprise them at work with their favourite lunch.
5. Fill up their fuel tank.
6. Print out screenshots of your cutest text messages they probably forgot about.
7. Give a massage or back scratch (without insisting that you get one back).
8. Make their favourite restaurant dinner at home.
9. Have a stay-in date night: snuggle and binge-watch a new show together.
10. Stargaze together. Blanket + wine + stars = bliss.
11. Get word magnets for the fridge and arrange cute phrases for them to wake up to.
12. Clean their entire place.
13. Try something new in the bedroom.
14. Have a scavenger hunt, even if it’s just around the house: leave clues and have a sweet surprise at the end.
15. Have a picnic at their favourite outdoor place.