With support from the Time's Up movement, the #MuteRKelly campaign has called for concert venues and streaming services to block the rapper amid continuing claims of sexual misconduct.
However, he has now been caught on camera declaring that it's 'too late' for the music industry to blacklist him, declaring that it's him holding the 'ball' and the rest of the world is 'on the defence'.
“I’ve got a million motherf***ers hating me, and 40 billion motherf***ers loving me," he can be heard saying in the video which was spotted on Facebook Live and shared by attorney Exavier Pope.
Proposing a toast, the rapper - whose real name is Robert Kelly - tells his room full of friends, "I am handcuffed by my destiny. It’s too late, they should have did this sh** 30 years ago."
Implying that his music was too popular to be silenced, he continued, "It's too late. The music has been injected into the world. I got a basketball mentality. As long as I got the ball, the world is on defense.”
Mirror Online has contacted his reps for comment.
It comes just weeks after his music was removed from Spotify's playlists as part of its policy on hate content and hateful conduct.
The US musician's music is no longer available on the streaming service's owned and operated playlists and algorithmic recommendations, a spokesman said on May 10.
His music will still be available but Spotify will not actually promote it.
The new policy defines hateful conduct as "something that is especially harmful or hateful", such as violence against children and sexual violence.
Spotify said it does not censor content because of an artist's behaviour, but the service wants programmes to "reflect" its values.
In a statement, the founders of the #MuteRKelly movement applauded Spotify's move.
"It is important that those who market the work of problematic entertainers stand, in the end, with their company's collective values," it read in part.
"We find this decision by Spotify a victory, and is just another step in our mission to Mute. R. Kelly."
Kelly has long been the target of sexual misconduct allegations, which he has denied.
He was acquitted of child pornography charges in 2008, but in a recent BBC Three documentary, R Kelly: Sex, Girls and Videotapes, his former business partner claimed he'd been forced to step in when the rapper got close to girls who were too young.
“There’s been several times where I’ve had to say ‘no, that’s not going to happen’ because of the age of the person. I didn’t care if he got mad at me. Because it was a choice with me," Rocky Bivens said.
Also in the documentary, the Kelly’s former girlfriend Kitti Jones claimed he had trained a 14-year old fan to be his “pet”.
She also claimed she was forced into sex with at least ten other girls in his “sex dungeon”.
Kelly and his representatives made no comment to the BBC but the star has previously denied accusations of sexual impropriety or violence against women.
Would you like to get published on Standard Media websites? You can now email us breaking news, story ideas, human interest articles or interesting videos on: [email protected]