While the last year and a half have gone down in history as the most uncertain time in the world; It is reassuring to know that even now, opportunities exist to promote youth entrepreneurship and creativity across Africa and that these opportunities present themselves here in Kenya. We bring good news for the second half of the year, how exciting. Yes, we bring you some good news for 2021.
Project X is a revolutionary opportunity to encourage creative people and is organized by the ITC Ethical Fashion Initiative in partnership with the European Union. In 2021, “The Opportunities Are Here” was launched in Cote D’Ivoire and it has been an incredible success and achievement, it has improved the lives of many young creative people and has had a positive impact; and now it's here in Kenya.
Project X is an innovative approach to talent development. In light of the challenge of the current pandemic, the organizers have spent a lot of time carefully designing a program that would allow them to effectively meet the challenge and create a platform that would give every creator a chance to showcase and win.
As long as you are a creative in Kenya and want an opportunity in modeling, fashion design or the performing arts (dance and song); it's the project for you and your chance to show the world that you deserve the spotlight.
The competition is open to young people between the ages of 18 and 35 who register for the creative opportunities listed above. By participating you have a lot to gain. Some of these gains include, but are not limited to:
- A platform to showcase your talent and grow your audience in Kenya, Africa and even around the world.
- An opportunity to learn specific skills that would allow you to turn your creativity into jobs and income.
- A great network with creative people across Africa.
- Media coverage that takes you from being only known in your circle to becoming a familiar face throughout Kenya and beyond.
- Cash prizes ranging from $ 280 for finalists to $ 1,370 in seed capital for the winners
- A business incubation at Mett? Nairobi.
- A great trip to Paris in February 2022 for the winners.
If this is for you, or if you know someone who would fit into this mold, please invite them to follow @opportunitiesarehere on IG and @theopportunitiesarehere on FB to receive details, updates and information on how to participate.
Click the link below to register: https://ethicalfashioninitiative.org/stories/project-x-kenya-apply-now