SportPesa is today one of the biggest brands in the UK whre it is the official sponsor of Hull City and Everton FC in the English Premier League.
Add too South Africa’s Cape Town City, Kenya’s AFC Leopards, Gor Mahia and Nakuru All Stars and Tanzania’s Simba, Yanga and Singida football clubs in deals running into several billions.
Besides Ronald Karauri, the other shareholders of SportPesa include Bulgarian Guerassim Nikolov, Gene Grand and Wacera Maina of the ‘Shinda Smart Sh90 million in 90 days’ betting craze who all hold 21 per cent shareholding each, serial investor Paul Wanderi Ndung’u, the first Kenyan to acquire a forex trading license via Taipan Forex Bureau has 17 per cent stake.
The other investors are Cellini Holdings with five per cent, Valentina Nikolaeva and Robert Kenneth Wanyoike Macharia each with three percent while Ivan Kalpakchiev and Francis Waweru Kiarie own two and one per cent each respectively.
- Gene Grand (American) -21%
- Guerassim Nikolov (Bulgarian) - 21%
- Asenath Wacera Maina (Kenyan) – 21%
- Paul Wanderi Ndung’u (Kenyan) -17%
- Ronald Kamwiko Karauri (Kenyan) – 6%
- Cellini Holdings – 5%
- Valentina Nikolaeva (Bulgarian) – 3%
- Robert Kenn Wanyoike Macharia (Kenyan) – 3%
- Ivan Kalpakchiev (Bulgarian) – 2%
- Francis Waweru Kiarie (Kenyan) – 1%