Publisher, Airtel ink e-learning deal
By James Wanzala | March 28th 2020
Airtel Kenya has partnered with Longhorn Publishers to enable learners continue with learning at home through the latter’s e-learning platform.
Airtel subscribers will get free internet to access the platform.
Airtel is doing this as part of its commitment to empowering students using its technology and ensuring they remain positively engaged away from school.
Airtel Kenya MD Prasanta Das Sarma said the partnership was inspired by cries from parents who have been struggling to keep up with their work and ensuring their children’s learning progresses.
“We know parents have had it rough the past two weeks, while there are some who are lucky to have internet access, there are those who don’t. The company has realised the need to make life easier for parents while keeping the hopes and dreams of hundreds of thousands of school-going children alive by enabling them the freedom to connect to the world of information,” said Sarma.
Sarma pointed out that a good number of students are already using the portal since the initiative was launched two days ago, saying that he would be delighted to receive feedback on their experience with the hope that the offer will ease the pressure on parents, allowing them time to achieve more while working at home.
Schools were closed indefinitely after the country confirmed the first case of coronavirus two weeks ago.
Covid 19 Time Series
Kenya 7s captain Amonde set to hang up his boots after early exit at Tokyo 2020
- Olympics: New Zealand beat Kenya in women’s rugby sevens
- Olympics: Kenyans can relax as there was no typhoon
- Why Kenyan trio may not win 3000m steeplechase tomorrow
Missing student found dead at university grounds
- Raila agrees to share political party billions with Wiper, other parties
- Unknown people were tracking Wycliffe Omwenga
- Fanfare as Raila meets musicians
By Betty Njeru
- Letter from Ithanga: Murang’a’s unexploited agricultural Canaan
By XN Iraki
- The four options for Kalonzo in 2022 succession