New law to promote growth and development of cooperative societies in Embu
By Joseph Muchiri
| December 13th 2019
The county Assembly has crafted proposals to govern cooperative societies. The Embu County Cooperative Societies Bill 2019, spearheaded the agriculture committee chaired by Rev.
Elizabeth Kibaiby (pictured) seeks to regulate the formation, registration, promotion and development of cooperative societies.
It also seeks to enhance good governance in societies and manage conflicts. It, among others, requires societies to keep proper books of accounts.
Failure to present the books for audit will lead to the disbandment of governing committees.
The bill will be subjected to public participation before being debated by ward reps for possible enactment.
Liverpool beat Man United to sign Japan star MinaminoJapan star Takumi Minamino will join Liverpool in January after the club agreed on a...
Diabetes: Insulin now an essential drugListing NCDs is a relief to Kenyans like 65-year-old Kahuho Mathai from Nyeri County, who was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes and high blood pressure.
Postmortem reveals how Esther Wambui, whose body was found in suitcase, died
By Kamore Maina
- Matatu rams into Total petrol station, kills attendant, injures another
- Boys to men: Kalenjins living in Australia stick to their tradition
By Edward Kosut
- Judicial officer, Mombasa tycoons drawn into Nyali school land row
- Kenya Power launches smart metres to improve services
- Olekina: Mudavadi’s announcement will have no impact on 2022 polls