President Uhuru mourns Reverend John Gatu
| May 13th 2017
President Uhuru Kenyatta has mourned Reverend John Gatu, describing him as a committed religious leader who led a life of simplicity.
Reverend Gatu, the first African general-secretary of the Presbyterian Church of East Africa ((PCEA) and an ex-moderator of the Church, died at a Nairobi hospital aged 92.
In his message of condolence to PCEA and the family and relatives of Rev Gatu, President Kenyatta said he was deeply saddened by his death.
The President sent the condolence message from London where he is on an official visit.
To fight drought, involve communitiesAccording to the latest information from the Meteorological Department, rainfall will be poorly distributed in April, May and June, and this will have a serious impact on agriculture
Restoring Nairobi’s iconic librariesBook Bunk is turning public libraries into what they call ‘Palaces for The People' while introducing technology in every aspect.
Honest matatu driver who returned Sh20,000 feted
- DP William Ruto donates Sh2m in Awendo, Migori, buys one umbrella at Sh20,000
By Brian Okoth
- Attorney General rejects varsity courses accreditation agreement
- Court throws out laws limiting top jobs to doctors
HEALTH & SCIENCE
- Couple deported from China, charged with falsifying documents
- Wait for big announcement next week at Bomas, promises Gideon Moi
By Patrick Beja