Use social media outlets responsibly, warns Interior CS Joseph Nkaissery
By Robert Kiplagat | August 14th 2016
Interior Cabinet Secretary Joseph Nkaissery has issued a stern warning to social media users found guilty of spreading hate speech.
Mr Nkaissery said owing to the huge following on social media platforms, some had turned the internet into a mode of spreading hate among Kenyans.
"As we head to the elections, use social media responsibly. If you misuse it, we will be after you," said Nkaissery over the weekend.
He cited an incident in which he had to pardon a youth who insulted him on social media after a delegation of Maasai elders went to beg for forgiveness on behalf of the youth.
Speaker declines Sh35m house ‘gift’ from MCAs
- Trouble in Uhuru's 'bedroom' as allies switch camps
- Thika Road horror: Wife recounts last moments with motorist killed in bullet spray
- The 5 things Kirubi said I must enjoy in life: Igathe
By Brian Okoth
- Nairobi residents fear as muggers turn city centre into gangsters' paradise
- County finally gets access to DP's property to desilt Grogan canal