High Court judge Nicholas Ombija resigns to avoid fresh vetting
| Mar 15th 2016 | 1 min read
High Court judge Nicholas Ombija has resigned. Sources claimed losing his objection to being vetted afresh made him opt for the easy way out.
The judge was said to have not been sitting for almost a week. Ombija was set to undergo fresh vetting after the Judges and Magistrates Vetting Board filed a petition challenging a ruling by the appellate court in December 2015, which prevented it from vetting the judge afresh.
“There is no way Ombija will still be judge after March 21 if we have not vetted him again,” the board’s chair Sharad Rao had earlier said.
Man shot six times in broad daylight at Mirema, Kasarani identified
By Kamore Maina
- Why Raila campaign team owes no artist anything- MCSK boss
- Governor aspirants pick and drop running mates in surprise moves
- Djibouti team: Alliance key to tackle Lamu Port issues
- Ruto downplays Karua choice, says Azimio will mutilate law
- I'm taking a break from politics, Kithure Kindiki says after running mate loss