No libel or other abuseYou must not make or encourage comments which are:
- defamatory, false or misleading;
- insulting, threatening or abusive;
- obscene or of a sexual nature;
- offensive, racist, sexist, homophobic or discriminatory against any religions or other groups.
Confidentiality, privacy and contemptPlease respect people's privacy. You are not allowed to submit confidential or private information. For example, you must not upload the telephone number, email address or any other contact details of any person.
You should not write anything which could prejudice pending or on-going court proceedings of which you are aware. For example, if you have any personal knowledge about someone who has been arrested or charged or being prosecuted for an offence, you must not mention it. If you do, you could be in contempt of court, which is an extremely serious matter.
No advertising, solicitation or investigationsYou must not use our Site for:
- the promotion of any products or services or for any other commercial purpose;
- any sponsorship, petition, campaign, scheme or chain message;
- an investigation e.g. tracing the whereabouts of any person.
No impersonation and proper disclosureYou must not pretend to be someone else (e.g. an expert, another user or a member of our team). You must not pretend that you are unconnected to a story or topic, when in fact you are. If you have a personal connection to a story or topic, you should disclose your connection or, where appropriate, not comment at all.
Follow us on Social Media
- Kenya’s prison cook who lives like a king
- Kenyan most outstanding female politicians
- Lake basin sites among world havens for endangered species
- What you need to know about this girl, Yemi Alade
- Plane makes emergency landing over one passenger's "unbearable" body odour
- Isukuti group dances its way to global fame
- Form 4 leavers are on the prowl, and they are bold and persistent
- High Court puts fortune seekers in marriages on check
- Can a stable gay couple adopt a child?
- What is your body’s true age?
- Be wary of expressions that make us sound ridiculous Alexander Chagema This peculiar habit is gaining currency in Kenya so much that some people do not bother to concern themselves with good manners.
- Reckless pursuit of money costing us happiness David Oginde In spite of our troubles and sorrows, Kenya led the East African region in happiness at position 124.
- Suicide wave proves we don’t understand the human mind Makau Mutua The most common causes of suicide are guilt, shame, unrequited love, stress, grief, suffering, mental disorders among others.
- Trump and Kim’s handshake ushers in a new world order Barrack Muluka The global community will recall how in 2002 President George W Bush referred to North Korea, Iran and Iraq as “the axis of evil.”
- Presidential library shouldn’t blur rich history Houghton Irungu Having spent the last few days visiting North American museums, the plan to set up a Presidential Library, Museum and Exhibition Centre in Kenya caugh