No libel or other abuseYou must not make or encourage comments which are:
- defamatory, false or misleading;
- insulting, threatening or abusive;
- obscene or of a sexual nature;
- offensive, racist, sexist, homophobic or discriminatory against any religions or other groups.
Confidentiality, privacy and contemptPlease respect people's privacy. You are not allowed to submit confidential or private information. For example, you must not upload the telephone number, email address or any other contact details of any person.
You should not write anything which could prejudice pending or on-going court proceedings of which you are aware. For example, if you have any personal knowledge about someone who has been arrested or charged or being prosecuted for an offence, you must not mention it. If you do, you could be in contempt of court, which is an extremely serious matter.
No advertising, solicitation or investigationsYou must not use our Site for:
- the promotion of any products or services or for any other commercial purpose;
- any sponsorship, petition, campaign, scheme or chain message;
- an investigation e.g. tracing the whereabouts of any person.
No impersonation and proper disclosureYou must not pretend to be someone else (e.g. an expert, another user or a member of our team). You must not pretend that you are unconnected to a story or topic, when in fact you are. If you have a personal connection to a story or topic, you should disclose your connection or, where appropriate, not comment at all.
Follow us on Social Media
- Bearing a child is no proof of marriage
- Nairobi Chamber Chorus on two-week tour of European nation
- How Kenyans waited for IEBC's big announcement
- Bad news for unmarried couples with joint assets
- I won't divorce Kibor, wife tells court
- Gangster's ex-wife avoids jail after claiming she didn't know her luxury life was funded by drug money
- I’m addicted to sex; I keep sleeping around yet I am married
- Doctor's warning to contact lens wearers after 'shock' discovery in woman's eye
- Want to join silver fox club? Invest in your time, cash
- Hate speech laws are futile if we don't address real issues David Oginde When Moses Kuria and Johnstone Muthama were recently thrown into the cells for alleged hate speech offences, I muttered. These two gentlemen have never, and are almost certain that they may never have to pay any penalty.
- Fundamental changes a must for IEBC to run a credible poll Makau Mutua Kenya’s Supreme Court – hitherto viewed by legal scholars as conservative, pro-establishment, and cautious – has thrown the entire book at the IEBC. In the court’s historic ruling, the IEBC was virtually deemed a criminal enterprise
- Agency's move to approve trials of GMO maize contradicts policy Houghton Irungu National Biosafety Authority Chief Executive William Tonui unilaterally approved the Kenya Agriculture and Livestock Research Organisation (Kalro) to start national performance trials of genetically modified MON810 maize across the country.
- Opposition leaders’ boycott of Parliament smacks of hypocrisy Kamotho Waiganjo Nonetheless, the most important act in the unfolding drama for me, and which therefore forms the subject of this column, is the decision by NASA affiliated legislators to boycott the official opening of Parliament by the President
- Statesmanship key in review of electoral laws to protect poll Kamotho Waiganjo Preparing an election in 60 days in our environment will be a hard call, and the honest among us know some compromises will be inevitable.