No libel or other abuseYou must not make or encourage comments which are:
- defamatory, false or misleading;
- insulting, threatening or abusive;
- obscene or of a sexual nature;
- offensive, racist, sexist, homophobic or discriminatory against any religions or other groups.
Confidentiality, privacy and contemptPlease respect people's privacy. You are not allowed to submit confidential or private information. For example, you must not upload the telephone number, email address or any other contact details of any person.
You should not write anything which could prejudice pending or on-going court proceedings of which you are aware. For example, if you have any personal knowledge about someone who has been arrested or charged or being prosecuted for an offence, you must not mention it. If you do, you could be in contempt of court, which is an extremely serious matter.
No advertising, solicitation or investigationsYou must not use our Site for:
- the promotion of any products or services or for any other commercial purpose;
- any sponsorship, petition, campaign, scheme or chain message;
- an investigation e.g. tracing the whereabouts of any person.
No impersonation and proper disclosureYou must not pretend to be someone else (e.g. an expert, another user or a member of our team). You must not pretend that you are unconnected to a story or topic, when in fact you are. If you have a personal connection to a story or topic, you should disclose your connection or, where appropriate, not comment at all.
Follow us on Social Media
- Unapologetic Naipaul inspired hate and love in equal measure
- Delivered from a murder-suicide
- Standard reporters scoop top awards
- Headache to heaven
- How we eat our way to cancer
- Top reasons for problematic skin
- Balls in my uterus
- How do I legally change my names?
- What would you tell a child?
- Online and mobile banking scammers’ tricks
- Tourism lessons for Kenya from enchanting Germany Xn Iraki Germany got about 37 million tourists last year, with Hamburg alone attracting 6.8 million visitors.
- Sometimes words mean the opposite of what we imagine Alexander Chagema Certain words and expressions change meaning depending on the context in which they are used
- Uhuru won't sacrifice the truce, his legacy to put Ruto in power Makau Mutua Jubilee’s Uhuru Muigai Kenyatta is doing what I thought he would never do. The man from Gatundu appears to be genuinely fighting corruption.
- Aretha’s songs are a handbook of how women deal with love Njoki Kaigai Anyone who claims to know music must know Aretha Franklin, her music and most of all her voice - one of nature’s finest creations.
- Creativity key for us to reap from our watercourses David Oginde In France, the Seine River runs through Paris, much like the Nairobi River runs through our city.