Fire breaks out in Tsavo again
By Renson Mnyamwezi
| August 1st 2020
Thousands of acres of vegetation have been destroyed by the latest fire incident that broke out on Wednesday evening in the Tsavo Conservation in Taita-Taveta County.
Kenya Wildlife Service (KWS) warden Willies Njue confirmed the fire incident but referred The Standard to the Tsavo Conservation Area Assistant Director Robert Njue for more comment but he was not reachable. Taita-Taveta Wildlife Conservancies Association chairperson Bongosa Mcharo raised concerns over the rising fire incidences.
Mwatate Deputy County Commissioner Damaris Kimondo said the fire was contained but he could not quantify the damage caused by the inferno.
MP seeks mining detailsAgoi is also concerned about the estimated amounts in value and quantity of gold deposits in the Lirhanda Corridor.
Restoring Nairobi’s iconic librariesBook Bunk is turning public libraries into what they call ‘Palaces for The People' while introducing technology in every aspect.
Honest matatu driver who returned Sh20,000 feted
- DP William Ruto donates Sh2m in Awendo, Migori, buys one umbrella at Sh20,000
By Brian Okoth
- Attorney General rejects varsity courses accreditation agreement
- Court throws out laws limiting top jobs to doctors
HEALTH & SCIENCE
- Couple deported from China, charged with falsifying documents
- Wait for big announcement next week at Bomas, promises Gideon Moi
By Patrick Beja