Fear after imam and elder killed
| Aug 15th 2019 | 1 min read
Family members of two elders killed by unknown gunmen in Kwale on Saturday now fear for their lives following the incident.
Omar Shuwe Fuvwe, the imam of Mbokoni Mosque, and Bakari Dondo, 50, were taken from Dondo's home and later found murdered.
Yesterday, Dondo's son Saidi Madondo told The Standard the attackers stormed their home and demanded to see their father.
"About 10 of them forced their way in. We had not locked the door because it was still early in the night and took mzee and Fuvwe away," said Madondo.
The family said they found Dondo's beheaded body not far from his home the next day. Fuvwe's body was also recovered.
Msambweni police boss Nehemiah Bittok said they are investigating the matter.
Brewer’s bid to stop Sh1.7b court award flopsAlcoholic drinks maker Heineken East Africa has failed in its bid to block a Sh1.7 billion court award to its former distributor.
When Njonjo almost resigned over coffee smugglersKnown as the era of black gold, it began in 1976 when Ugandan farmers decided to sell their coffee in the private market.
Ringa Boys High School on the spot over student's death
By James Omoro
- Ngilu and Musila in talks over top seat
- Court blocks two children born out of wedlock from inheriting step-father's property
By Daniel Chege
- Oscar Sudi was not our student, ex-Highway Secondary School principal testifies
By Paul Ogemba
- Why Wiper isn't about to sever ties with Azimio
- Samuel Mugota: Wife reveals puzzling details of man shot dead at Mirema