Police bar Governor Joho from attending presidential function
By Patel Okumu
| March 13th 2017
Mombasa, Kenya: Police in Mombasa bar Governor Ali Hassan Joho from attending Presidential function at Mtongwe Ferry as GSU officers barricade his Nyali home.
Governor Joho who managed to sneak from his home vowed to attend the function saying as a leader he needs to represent his people of Mombasa.
The Governor was forced to access his office using a motorbike.
"I had good intentions but I have been barred from attending the President's fuction which is a public event and now i am under office arrest," said Joho.
Police have launched a multi-agency operation in the coastal town and arrests have been reported in Nyali, Likoni and Makupa.
Why many Kenyans are likely to be jailed as from 21st of March 2017Kenyans should brace for tough times ahead because of the new rules of engagement given to police officers
Why Kenyan boxers are winning medals once againThe BFK led by President Anthony ‘Jamal’ Ombok was elected into the office in 2019 and has since...
Locals want livestock allowed to graze in ADC farm linked to Ruto
- Raila’s grand march to State House begins
- Roads closed for Nairobi Expressway construction reopen from September 30
- Puzzle of dairy cows killed for udders and reproductive parts
- You have no right to complain about high fuel prices, Speaker tells MPs
- Willie Kimani murder: Four police officers have case to answer
By Sara Okuoro