Voters given Sh300 to change polling centres
By Tobias Chanji | February 17th 2017
Residents of Lunga Lunga Constituency have accused a politician of hoodwinking them to transfer their votes. The politician from Vanga is said to have transported voters from neighbouring wards to Vanga to influence the forthcoming elections.
Residents who spoke to The Standard said they were ferried in buses and told they were attending a campaign rally at Lunga Lunga boarder. “Thursday the bus came around 11am. I was given Sh300 to change my voting area.
I wanted to refuse but how could I go home considering that transport is more than Sh400,” posed Henry Rai. He was among the 180 people that had been ferried.
Mud thwarts man’s attempt to dump lover’s body
- Man arrested stark naked, appears in court in policewoman’s clothes
- Bandits kill KDF soldier in night attack at military camp in Baringo
- Committed teacher ‘won’t be punished by TSC’
By Brian Okoth
- Intellectual moment at CJ interview
By Too Jared
- School records over 90 pupils with 400 marks and above