Governor Hassan Joho and two MPs arrested in Mombasa
By The Standard Team
| January 13th 2017
Governor Hassan Joho, MPs Rashid Bedzimba and Abdulswamad Shariff detained at Urban Police Station in Mombasa under unclear circumstances.
Police Officers say they had been given orders from above to arrest the leaders and deny them bail.
"The decision to arrest them and deny them bail is still a misery," said Governor Joho's lawyer Mohammed Balala.
This happens just a day after Governor Joho kicked out bodyguards who had been assigned to him by the government.
Governor Joho and two MPs arrested in MombasaGovernor Hassan Joho, MPs Rashid Bedzimba and Abdulswamad Shariff detained at Urban Police Station, Mombasa under unclear circumstances.
Why Kenyan boxers are winning medals once againThe BFK led by President Anthony ‘Jamal’ Ombok was elected into the office in 2019 and has since...
If child is sick, was father unfaithful?
By Rose Mukonyo
- Commercial sex workers plead with county to step into void left by exit of local NGO
By James Omoro
- Farmer who sold Sh1 million bull to Uhuru quits dairy farming
- High Court declares Minimum Tax unconstitutional
- Builders: Rain may delay President Uhuru's legacy project
- Kikuyu elders to support Raila’s quest for top seat