Two killed in illegal Kilifi iron ore mine
By Joseph Masha
| July 2nd 2016
Two men were killed in an illegal iron ore mine in Kauma location, Kilifi County.
The two died when the quarry collapsed, killing one on the spot while the other died at the Kilifi County Referral Hospital.
Area chief Sebastan Karisa said the victims were accompanied by a colleague, Kitsao Kenga Kanuru who survived.
He said the three had been working on the site for about three weeks before the tragedy.
Ms Sidi Kalama who lost his brother said it occurred at around 9am when they were in the tunnel trying to explore iron ore deposits. The bodies were moved to the Kilifi County Hospital Mortuary.
Tomato ‘Ebola’ alert! Are your crops safe?As the outcry against the ravaging Tuta absoluta disease of tomato continues to resonate in West Africa (Nigeria), farmers locally need to take precaution to avoid losses due to this menace.
Restoring Nairobi’s iconic librariesBook Bunk is turning public libraries into what they call ‘Palaces for The People' while introducing technology in every aspect.
Boda boda operator shot dead after refusing to bribe police
- EACC raises alarm over fee hike crisis in schools
- Joho says petition seeking his removal is unconstitutional
- LSK President to challenge roll out of teacher refresher courses by TSC
- KQ admits aircraft’s loss of communication over Germany
- Be cautious while reporting rape cases, DCI