Kenya Defence Forces soldier killed, others injured in Boni Forest accident
By Hassan Barisa | October 12th 2015
A Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) soldier was killed and several others injured when a military truck they were travelling in overturned along the Ijara-Hulugho road in Garissa county on Saturday.
Reports show the truck was ferrying supplies to the KDF contingent battling Al Shabaab. The soldiers who were trapped in the truck were saved from the wreckage by local herdsmen at Kulan village.
Sunday, Hulugho OCPD Charles Matoke said the wounded soldiers had been airlifted to the Defence Forces Memorial Hospital in Nairobi after quick communication.
A witness told The Standard that the deceased, who was identified as Abdullahi Elmoge, died as he was being retrieved from the wreckage.
Thursday notebook: Team Kenya outfit is popular in Tokyo
- Olympics: Kimeli to stage lone battle in 5,000m final
- Kenyans have Faith in chase for 1,500m gold
- Will Kenya’s star women marathoners deliver at 2020 Tokyo Olympics?
Missing student found dead at university grounds
- Raila agrees to share political party billions with Wiper, other parties
- Unknown people were tracking Wycliffe Omwenga
- Fanfare as Raila meets musicians
By Betty Njeru
- Letter from Ithanga: Murang’a’s unexploited agricultural Canaan
By XN Iraki
- The four options for Kalonzo in 2022 succession