Kirinyaga Senator Charles Kibiru joins the governor race
By Jane Mugambi
| November 25th 2021
Kirinyaga Senator Charles Kibiru has declared his interest in the governorship in next year's General Election.
Kibiru made the announcement two weeks after he was endorsed for the county's top seat by a group of elders and some businesspeople.
"After soul-searching and consultations, I have decided to give it a try," said the senator.
Others who have declared interest in the seat held by Anne Waiguru are Narc Kenya party leader Martha Karua, area Woman Representative Wangui Ngirici and former governor Joseph Ndathi.
The elders also endorsed Kibiru as the coordinator of national government projects in the county after Waiguru's defection to Deputy President's United Democratic Alliance party.
Reprieve for tycoon after court halts jail sentence over landA businessman has been spared a jail term over allegations of grabbing land valued at Sh1 billion.
Questions raised over foiled Kisumu bank theftJust what happened at Equity Bank, Ang’awa Branch in Kisumu?
Witness in Ruto ICC case at The Hague is missing
- Chief guest Ruto won’t attend Devolution Conference in Makueni
By Brian Okoth
- Judge asks Kinoti to report to prison and serve his sentence
By Paul Ogemba
- Ngirici: Why I regret investing my valuable resources in Ruto, UDA
- Standard Group cartoonist Joshua Nanjero dies
- Governor Mutahi Kahiga to join Raila's two day tour of Nyeri