Journalist succumbs to Covid-19
By Muriithi Mugo | March 25th 2021
A journalist in Embu succumbed to Covid-19 yesterday.
Reuben Githinji, 48, died while undergoing treatment at Murang’a County Hospital where he was transferred after failing to secure an ICU bed at the Embu Level Five Hospital.
He had been taken ill on Sunday last week. He complained of difficulty in breathing and was coughing. Relatives said he was only diagnosed with Covid-19 while in Murang'a hospital.
Journalists in Embu eulogized Githinji as a mentor and a hard-working scribe who was the society's watchdog.
Covid 19 Time Series
In Luanda, men sell drugs in broad daylight under the guise of madness
- Businessman’s car torched after woman he was allegedly dating found dead
- Photos: June Ruto engaged to Nigerian university professor
By Jael Mboga
- The track god who was felled by the weight of his stardom
- Is Orengo charting his path away from Raila?
By Kamau Ngotho
- Senior Immigration officer shot dead in Turkana while on morning run