Popular central Kenya benga musician Jimmy wa Yuni dies in road accident
| May 27th 2020 | 1 min read
Famed Kikuyu benga musician James Githinji (pictured) popularly known as Jimmy wa Yuni is dead.
Githinji died in a road accident at Githurai, along Thika Super-highway last night.
Ruiru OCPD Mutwiri Ringera has confirmed the news of his death.
The musician was married to Wambui Githinji and had fathered two children.
According to his elder brother Peter Kimani, the late musician who worked for the Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) Nairobi, had retired in January this year.
He lived at OJ near Membley, in Ruiru.
His body was taken to the Kenyatta University mortuary awaiting a postmortem.
More to follow.
Man shot six times in broad daylight at Mirema, Kasarani identified
By Kamore Maina
- Why Raila campaign team owes no artist anything- MCSK boss
- Governor aspirants pick and drop running mates in surprise moves
- Djibouti team: Alliance key to tackle Lamu Port issues
- Ruto downplays Karua choice, says Azimio will mutilate law
- I'm taking a break from politics, Kithure Kindiki says after running mate loss