Murang'a Governor Mwangi wa Iria pleads with locals to support his re-election
By Boniface Gikandi | September 30th 2016
Governor Mwangi wa Iria who is seeking another term says he has the management skills to spur development.
The governor said many of the programmes introduced in the past three years have transformed the lives of the locals socially and economically.
Speaking at Kiria-ini market in Mathioya, he pleaded with the locals to support his second term bid. He told off his critics led by Kigumo MP Jamleck Kamau, saying they had failed to initiate meaningful strategies to help the county.
“Sustainability of agriculture-based projects will depend on the residents support for my re-election. My opponents could sabotage them,” said Iria.
— Boniface Gikandi
Ruto, Raila and Matiang’i lock horns in Bonchari by-election
- Wasted in jail, confused in freedom
- 19-year-old boy charged with defiling girl three years younger
- Quick facts on the Bonchari by-election
- What you need to know about the Juja by-election
- Microsoft now says it investigated Gates' involvement with employee