Two pro-Gachagua demonstrators arrested
By Peter Mburu
| September 8th 2016
Two people were arrested in Othaya yesterday for allegedly organising protests against impeachment of Governor Nderitu Gachagua.
Nyeri South Deputy County Commander Stanley Kamande said police intercepted the demonstrators and arrested organisers because of lack of a licence.
"The demonstration was not authorised as they did not notified the police. They will be charged with participating in an illegal demonstration," he said.
Nairobi Court blocks MP from Kuppet electionsA court has blocked an MP from contesting for a position in a teachers’ union. The Employment and Labour Relations Court stopped Bomet Central MP Ronald Tonui from contesting in the Kuppet elections.
Restoring Nairobi’s iconic librariesBook Bunk is turning public libraries into what they call ‘Palaces for The People' while introducing technology in every aspect.
Dilemma: My female supervisor is sexually harrassing me, help
- Orie Rogo Manduli's burial postponed after eldest daughter falls ill
- New Kianjokoma police officers welcomed in church service
- Outdated ‘Nyumba Mboke’ culture puts women at risk of HIV
By Anne Atieno
- Ruto out to fool you with ill-gotten wealth, Kalonzo says
- Tongue piercings can fill brain with pus, cause Herpes
HEALTH & SCIENCE
By Kagai Reuben