Interior PS Karanja Kibicho faulted for sacking chiefs in public
By Isaac Kathare | March 13th 2016
Tharaka Nithi Deputy Governor Eliud Murithi has faulted Internal Security Principle Secretary Karanja Kibicho for sacking chiefs and a police officer.
He said sacking administrators in public meetings is unconstitutional. “The PS has no mandate to sack chiefs, especially in public. It was humiliating for the officials to be sacked at a bus station,” he stated.
Mr Murithi who was speaking at Tunyai on Friday, called for due process to be followed in dismissal of officials and and asked the PS to reinstate them.
On Wednesday, Kibicho (pictured) sacked two assistant chiefs, one chief and Administration Police Commander over claims of abuse of office and being drunk.
Businessman’s car torched after woman he was allegedly dating found dead
- Raila's change of tack that has seen Nyanza reap benefits
- Court summons Matiang’i, Kinoti and Mutyambai
By Kamore Maina
- City carjacking: DCI warn drivers over gang stealing vehicle parts
- Couple, their three children die in morning crash
By Robert Menza
- Southern Bypass crash: Ngugi, a man of the people
By Mate Tongola