Alarm over girls leaving their children in villages
By Boniface Gikandi
| February 22nd 2016
An MP has raised alarm over grandparents struggling to bring up children placed in their care by their daughters.
Murang'a MP Sabina Chege said grandparents in the county are shouldering the burden of bringing up children left behind by daughters who have migrated to urban centres in search of employment.
As a result, the MP said, the elderly people are overwhelmed and have no capacity to monitor the academic progress of their grandchildren.
Fear grips boda boda riders after man is killed, motorcycle stolenBoda boda operators in Githurai are a worried lot following the murder of one of their colleagues last week.
Opening Ceremony: Kenya takes her pride of place as 2020 Tokyo Paralympic Games beginTeam Kenya Paralympics strolled majestically into the Tokyo Olympic Stadium led by captain Rodgers Kiprop and Powerlifter Hellen Wawira for the Openin
Kipsigis Girls closed after students storm out of school
By Nikko Tanui
- Former minister’s cows attached over Sh888,000 debt
- Guards detained for seven days over death of teenage boy at Komothai Girls
- Chakwera: The Buruburu lecturer who became Malawi president
- MP, Khalwale differ over calls to support Mudavadi
- Matiang’i condemns Ruto rally disruption