PesaLink gets new CEO
By Correspondent | January 17th 2021
Integrated Payment Services Ltd, the subsidiary of Kenya Bankers Association that operates the banking industry’s payment service PesaLink, has appointed Gituku Kirika as chief executive.
Mr Kirika takes over from Agnes Gathaiya. A statement from the firm said over Sh200 billion had been across the more than 25 participating banks since PesaLink was launched in 2017.
Kirika has extensive banking and fintech experience, having worked across East Africa with Standard Chartered Bank and DTB Bank, the statement said.
Construction of Sh20b housing project kicks off in Athi River
- Digitisation key in unlocking banks’ potential
By Kendi Ntwiga
- Kenya leads peers in water supply and sanitation inequalities
- Tying varsity funding to graduate jobs bold step
By XN Iraki
- What HR can do as burnout drives workers to 'The Great Resignation'
By Samuel Njogu
- Kenya races ahead of peers in sovereign wealth fund set up