Beef with lyonnaise potatoes
By Chef Ali Mandhry
| May 14th 2022 | 1 min read
What you will need:
500g beef, cut into cubes
2 garlic cloves
5 tablespoons raw pawpaw purée
Juice of 1 lime
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 onion, sliced
2 tablespoons tomato paste
1 teaspoon curry powder
2 tablespoons oil
4 tablespoons buttermilk (lala)
2 cups water
500g potatoes sliced and fried
What to do:
Finely chop the garlic cloves. Spread the garlic, black pepper, salt and pawpaw purée on the meat then and set aside to marinate for about an hour or two.
In a pan over medium heat, add the oil, then onions and sauté until almost golden-brown.
Add the marinated beef, then cook for about five minutes or until you seal the pores (when meat changes colour).
Pour in the buttermilk, curry powder and tomato paste. Mix well for about five minutes then add the two cups of water and bring to a boil.
Cook for another 10 minutes or until all the liquid is evaporated, the sauce becomes very thick and coats the beef and the beef is super soft.
Toss in the fried sliced potatoes and mix well.
Finish off with some lime juice and fried onions.
Are we seeing early indicators of a financial crisis?
- Safari Rally: Traders bag mixed fortunes as fans rev up sleepy lake town
- More hunger on the way as food inflation goes past 28-month high
- Why Kenya had borrow to repay a Sh17b Chinese loan
- More women now take up leadership positions in firms
- Top oil marketers tighten dominance in first 3 months