YouTube removes five Myanmar TV channels from platform
SCI & TECH
By Reuters | March 5th 2021
Alphabet Inc’s YouTube has removed five channels of Myanmar’s military-run television networks hosted on its platform in the wake of the coup in the Southeast Asian country.
“We have terminated a number of channels and removed several videos from YouTube in accordance with our community guidelines and applicable laws,” a Youtube spokeswoman said in a statement in response to a Reuters question.
The channels taken down include the state network, MRTV, (Myanma Radio and Television) as well as the military-owned Myawaddy Media, MWD Variety and MWD Myanmar, according to the U.S tech giant.
Father of 17 pleads for help as life pushes him to the edge
By Faith Kutere
- Woman brutalised by police for flouting curfew rules
- Driver dies in speeding muguka Probox accident
- The gods must be crazy and have invaded Western Kenya
- Body of nine-year-old boy who went missing last week found
- Why private schools dropped