Uganda backs electric vehicle project
SCI & TECH
By Bloomberg | April 12th 2018
Uganda’s cabinet approved a plan to commercially produce electric vehicles its company has been designing, a project it describes as putting it at the forefront of African innovation in the industry.
The Kiira Electronic Vehicle Project seeks to spark investment by businesses in the manufacture of vehicle parts, increase demand for natural resources and create more than 2,000 direct jobs, a statement from the cabinet said.
Uganda is pursuing the project through Kiira Motors Corp.
High costs of cooking oil, fuel and power make life unbearable
- Local cement firms eye own clinker production to cut costs
- Extension of Sh3.5b meter-gauge railway line complete
- How healthy living has turned ginger into a goldmine for farmers
MONEY & MARKET
- State boosts local vehicle assembler with military deal
- Cost saving tactics to survive harsh economic times
By Peter Theuri