New York Times: Microsoft plans major job cuts
SCI & TECH
By Reuters | July 8th 2015
Microsoft Corp plans to announce a new round of layoffs as early as Wednesday to cut costs further, the New York Times reported.
The latest job cuts are in addition to the 18,000 jobs that Microsoft said it planned to cut a year ago, the newspaper said, citing sources familiar with the matter.
The layoffs are expected to affect employees at the company's hardware group, including the smartphone business that it acquired from Nokia last year, the newspaper said.
Reuters could not immediately reach Microsoft for comment outside regular U.S. business hours.
More pain for consumers as Epra raises electricity charges
- Relief for motorists as fuel prices reduce
- Kenya Industrial Estates pledges support for enterprises
- MPs give Treasury six months to table debt cut proposals
- Slight reprieve at the pump as State slashes fuel prices by Sh5
- Inside State's mega plan to revamp small lake ports
SHIPPING & LOGISTICS