New frontiers: Property market to benefit from China initiative
By Ferdinand Mwongela | February 15th 2018
Kenya’s real estate market is among those set to benefit from projects being implemented under China’s ‘Belt and Road Initiative’, according to Knight Frank’s latest report, New Frontiers.
The BRI was launched by China in 2013 under the banner ‘Silk Road Economic Belt’.
China’s impact in real estate is already being felt, examples being the acquisition of a stake by Chinese investors in the Two Rivers development, Erdemann Property’s housing project in Athi River and AVIC’s mixed-use development in Westlands.
Fuliza defaulters to have KCB, M-shwari accounts blocked as Safaricom tightens rules
- Hope for cheaper cooking gas in sight as State eyes loading plant
- Senegal and Mali beat Kenya in internet speed
- What happens to Kenyan sailors in Chinese ships
SHIPPING & LOGISTICS
- Death of handmade toys holds back our innovation
By XN Iraki
- Time for a job change? Here are some signs
By Paul Kariuki