Swiss hotel chain to open establishment in Nairobi
By Mkala Mwaghesha | October 22nd 2015
Kenya is among three African countries that have been earmarked for the next expansion phase of Swiss-owned Movenpick Hotels & Resorts into the continent. The global brand, which already owns 23 properties and cruise ships mostly in the North and Western part of the continent, plans to open three up-scale hotels in Nairobi, Abidjan and Abuja by 2019.
The expansion will see the opening of the Movenpick Hotel & Residences in Nairobi in mid-2016.
The 223-room hotel will join a market that has seen other global franchises like Villa Rosa and Best Western set up establishments to compete with Kenyan-owned hotels.
More pain for consumers as Epra raises electricity charges
- Relief for motorists as fuel prices reduce
- Kenya Industrial Estates pledges support for enterprises
- MPs give Treasury six months to table debt cut proposals
- Slight reprieve at the pump as State slashes fuel prices by Sh5
- Inside State's mega plan to revamp small lake ports
SHIPPING & LOGISTICS