Telcos lobby sets aside Sh37m for local startups
By Moses Omusolo | December 1st 2021
Telcos lobby, the Global System for Mobile Communications Association (GSMA) is seeking to bankroll local startups championing climate change mitigation with funding of Sh38 million.
The GSMA Innovation Fund for Climate Resilience and Adaptation was unveiled at the 2021 UN Climate Change Conference (COP26).
The fund targets startups and SMEs helping to accelerate the testing, adoption and scalability of digital innovations to enable vulnerable populations to adapt and absorb the negative impacts of climate change.
The applications close on January 9, 2022. Successful projects will receive between Sh15 million and Sh37.6 million in grants to scale their innovation.
When numbers lie: Why Ethiopia economy never toppled Kenya's
- Savannah Cement to raise Sh40b on London bourse for clinker plant
- Jittery Kenyans stashed Sh800b in dollars to protect their wealth
- From sales lady to car yard owner
- The problem with Kenya’s clean energy push
- Trade Bank caused 'Tax Czar' emotional pain, ulcers