Telcos lobby sets aside Sh37m for local startups
By Moses Omusolo | December 1st 2021
Telcos lobby, the Global System for Mobile Communications Association (GSMA) is seeking to bankroll local startups championing climate change mitigation with funding of Sh38 million.
The GSMA Innovation Fund for Climate Resilience and Adaptation was unveiled at the 2021 UN Climate Change Conference (COP26).
The fund targets startups and SMEs helping to accelerate the testing, adoption and scalability of digital innovations to enable vulnerable populations to adapt and absorb the negative impacts of climate change.
The applications close on January 9, 2022. Successful projects will receive between Sh15 million and Sh37.6 million in grants to scale their innovation.
Chris Kirubi’s Sh108m cars: Why they cost him that much
By Brian Okoth
- UN: Women still at centre of sexual harassment in matatus
By Nancy Nzau
- Messenger to notify you when someone screenshots private messages
SCI & TECH
- Central Bank thwarts new push by banks to raise interest rates
- BMW 320i: Pros and cons of the German car
By Mate Tongola
- James Finlay workers get nod to sue tea firm in Scotland over injuries