Treasury releases Sh93m to IEBC for verification of BBI signatures
By Sarah Okuoro | December 18th 2020
National Treasury has released Sh93 million to the Independent Electoral and Boundaries Commission (IEBC) for verification of Building Bridges Initiative (BBI) signatures.
IEBC had asked the Treasury for Sh241 million to review 4.4 million signatures presented by the BBI Secretariat.
The money would be used to hire and train clerks who will verify the signatures. A process that would take 85 days to complete.
Cabinet Secretary Ukur Yatani approved Sh93 million on Thursday, saying the amount is sufficient for the exercise.
Chimphondah: The man putting Shelter Afrique’s house in order
- Gideon and ICT committee laud Konza City's project progress
- Court bars CBK's migration of banks to foreign payment firm
- Forex reserves drop by Sh27b after debt repayment to China
- KQ gets nod to evict rival airline 748 from JKIA property
- Retracing the rise of Nairobi bourse from colonial-era free fall