Photos: CS James Macharia launches Nairobi Commuter Rail to JKIA express service
By Brenda Kerubo | December 7th 2020
Transport Cabinet Secretary James Macharia has launched a new railway link from the city centre to Jomo Kenyatta International Airport (JKIA).
The service launched on Monday morning will see Air travellers pay Sh500 to use diesel trains from the Nairobi Railway Station to JKIA.
The trip will take about 20 minutes.
Alternatively, a cheaper option of Sh140 but a longer route will see passengers connect from the Nairobi Railway Station to Embakasi Village Station and finally take the Bus Rapid Transit vehicles through the Airport South Road which has been dedicated to the Nairobi Commuter Rail Bus.
Magufuli ghosts return to haunt Kenyan firms as bid to crack TZ flops
- Boost for tourism as Sh300m beachfront park is complete
- WhatsApp messages to automatically disappear in 24 hours
SCI & TECH
By Fay Ngina
- Court issues arrest warrants against two in Sh2.2b tax evasion probe
- Struggling microfinance bank gets new majority shareholder
- Kenya leads scramble for DRC as Kinshasa opens for business