CS Balala orders probe into harassment of tourist at Ol Jogi Conservancy
By Sara Okuoro | July 20th 2020
The Cabinet Secretary of Tourism and Wildlife Najib Balala (pictured above) has ordered Kenya Wildlife Services (KWS) to launch probe into the harassment of Mordecai Ogada on Sunday at Ol Jogi Conservancy, Laikipia County.
It is alleged that Ogada was harassed by armed private rangers while on a game drive with his children on a public road.
"The Government of Kenya and my Ministry will not condone any undue harassment or intimidation of Kenyans who are going about their normal businesses and enjoying their God-given heritage by anyone," said CS Balala.
The CS emphasised that no discriminatory harassment if any nature in and around private conservatives and in any tourism facility in the country will be tolerated by the Government.
Kenyans have been urged to report incidents of harassment or intimidation, with facts, for action to be taken.
Chimphondah: The man putting Shelter Afrique’s house in order
- Gideon and ICT committee laud Konza City's project progress
- Court bars CBK's migration of banks to foreign payment firm
- Forex reserves drop by Sh27b after debt repayment to China
- KQ gets nod to evict rival airline 748 from JKIA property
- Retracing the rise of Nairobi bourse from colonial-era free fall