Old Mutual chairman apologises over remarks about judge
By Reuters | September 18th 2019
The chairman of South Africa’s Old Mutual, Trevor Manuel, on Tuesday apologised for comments he made last week in reference to the judge presiding over the court battle between the insurer and its fired CEO Peter Moyo.
“It was never my intention to show disrespect to the learned judge or his judgement,” Manuel said in a statement. “I accept that my language was wholly inappropriate to express my disagreement with the decision and sincerely regret the manner in which I did so.”
KETRACO managers headed to court as sabotage probe continues
- It is raining mangoes! But where is the money?
MONEY & MARKET
- Standard Group’s YouTube channels surpass 1 billion views
- Engineers lose bid to exclusively head three key road agencies
- Transport sector loan defaults double to Sh44b on Covid woes
- Trends: When old is not gold for Nairobi housing