Transport CS Macharia inspects construction of Mombasa-Mariakani road
By Standard Reporter | November 22nd 2018
NAIROBI, KENYA: Transport Cabinet Secretary James Macharia on Tuesday inspected the ongoing construction of the Lot 1 of the Mombasa-Mariakani road.
The Government of Kenya, through the Kenya National Highways Authority (KeNHA) plans the rehabilitation and expansion of 41.7 km road between Mombasa and Mariakani which forms part of the Northern Road Corridor.
The road plays a major role in connecting Port of Mombasa directly to the landlocked countries of Uganda, Rwanda, Burundi, and forms an essential connection to South Sudan, the Democratic Republic of Congo and parts of northern Tanzania.
UK firm finalises acquisition of Kenyan insurer
- Bank profits surge to Sh60b in 4 months on economic rebound
- Firms to snub Kenya for not reducing emissions
- Tourist numbers edge up after record 2020 slump
- When boots and batons were met with twangs, cards and stethoscopes
By Peter Kimani
- Regent to manage Pangani low-cost housing project
By Peter Theuri