State extends charter flights offer
By Philip Mwakio | November 3rd 2018
The Government has announced the extension of a subsidy programme meant to increase charter flights traffic to the Coast.
Tourism Cabinet Secretary Najib Balala said in an interview that the Charter Incentive Programme (CIP) initiated in 2016 and which ended in June this year, will now be extended to 2020.
“We have all seen in a short time what it has done to attract a number of international charter airlines to the Mombasa route,’’ said the CS. The programme offers a passenger subsidy of $30 (Sh3,000) per seat filled with international passengers who terminate or disembark at the Coast.
Nyeri-based sacco pays out over Sh740 million in dividends
- Asians dominates list of wealthiest Kenyans
MONEY & MARKET
- Alnoor Kassam’s fight with Biwott and the fall of Trade Bank
- Boeing 787s to take precautions when landing over 5G
- Inside the fraud charges that rocked Kassam’s flashy boat
- Reboot of tourism to pre-Covid levels highly unlikely, says report