Governor Obado contests Sh46 million award to miner
By KEPHER OTIENO | June 29th 2018
MIGORI, KENYA: The county government has moved to the Court of Appeal to block payment of Sh46 million awarded to a copper miner in Nyatike constituency.
The High Court had ordered the county government to pay the mining firm Sh46 million for impounding a truck loaded with copper tailing en route to Tanzania.
County revenue officers intercepted the lorry a month ago, prompting the mining company – Cargo Secured Services – directors to go to court, demanding Sh75 million compensation. Firm's director Josiah Onyango accused county authorities of impounding the consignment illegally.
Justice Antony Murima ruled that the firm be paid Sh46 million in damages
Kenya's foreign inflows dip to Sh56b on new ownership rules
- How to prepare for an interview in just 24 hours
By Tony Mutugi
- Truckers claim State favouring SGR in cargo allocation at port
By Patrick Beja
- State kicks off leadership programme for young civil servants
- Virtual real estate plot sells for record Sh268m
- SGR hauls increased cargo between Mombasa port and Nairobi