Telkom mobile money roll-out in 2 weeks
By Frankline Sunday | February 15th 2018
Telkom Kenya will launch its mobile money service in two weeks once it gets the nod from the financial services regulator.
“We have successfully done trials internally and we expect the Central Bank of Kenya to give us the go-ahead for launch later this month,” said Claire Rutto, the head of legal and regulatory affairs in Nairobi yesterday during the launch of a promotion where customers stand a chance to win a car each day for 50 days with each airtime top up.
The mobile money service will see Telkom join Safaricom and Airtel in piloting mobile money interoperability.
“Since the rebrand, we have seen an 18 per cent surge in numbers,” said the chief marketing officer, Levi Nyakundi.
President Uhuru Kenyatta: How I plan to reduce fuel prices
SHIPPING & LOGISTICS
- CBK will not cap interest rates charged by digital lenders
- Bank shareholders primed for bumper dividend payouts
- Banks’ hand in fall of shilling as market starved of the dollar
- Understanding the hiring process
By Tony Mutugi
- Farmers want State to revise maize prices