New KCC urges farmers to collect their due
By Caroline Chebet | February 1st 2017
NAKURU, KENYA: Kenya Dairy Farmers Federation is calling on farmers with unpaid balances from the old KCC to visit the re-branded processor, New KCC for payments.
Speaking during an agri-business forum that brought together farmers and service providers in Nakuru, KDFF Chairman Richard Tuwei said payments of accumulated arrears to dairy farmers who had supplied milk to old processor is ongoing.
"We urge all the dairy farmers to visit the New KCC premises and collect their outstanding balances. Payment is currently going on at all the New KCC branches", Tuwei said.
Last year the Government released Sh500 billion to offset the debts traced back to 20 years ago.
Tuwei said they will ensure that no farmer is left out.
Foreigners halt KCB stake sale as NSE prices steady
- Konza deal with NSE opens doors to new tech startups
- Shocking cover-up at Kenya Power
- You can now buy and sell NSE shares on the same day
- Phew! Curfew is over but this is why I’ll not drink to it
By XN Iraki
- Ray of hope for firms, households as economic gloom starts to lift