LG donates solar refrigerators in West Pokot
By Domnic Omondi | November 20th 2015
Electronics firm LG has partnered with a non-governmental organisation to distribute solar refrigerators to children under five-years-old and to pregnant and breast-feeding women in West Pokot.
The partnership between the firm and World Vision Kenya is aimed at improving immunisation among the three groups. The donations specifically target areas where the refrigeration of important items like vaccines, medication and food for children and the elderly is essential, but difficult to maintain. The solar refrigerators can run entirely on power from the sun, with no additional power source. “LG is committed to using its innovative technology to help improve the lives of vulnerable children and communities around the world,” LG said in a statement.
The suitor who wants to build an airport at Mumias Sugar
- CS Mucheru urges public institutions to embrace digitisation to boost service delivery
- Local tourism boosts airlines amid Covid-19 travel hiccups
- Kenya needs policies that boost value-addition in manufacturing
By Rajul Malde
- Pangani affordable housing project to be ready next year
- Is cash in the bank a wise retirement plan?