Kenneth Marende elected Kenya Power board chairman
By Standard Reporter | January 5th 2015
|New Kenya Power board Chair Kenneth Marende.|
Former National Assembly Speaker Kenneth Marende was Monday elected Chairman of the Board of Directors of the Kenya Power Company Ltd. Marende is the 25th chairman of the board in the firm's 94-year history.
He succeeds Eliazar Ochola who served a four-year term at the country's national power distributor. A lawyer by profession, Marende was elected Speaker of the National Assembly in the Grand Coalition Government in 2008.
He was elected to the board by the company's shareholders during an Annual General Meeting held last month. Two other new directors –Adil Khawaja of law firm, Hamilton Harrison & Mathews, and Wilson Kimutai, an investment banker at Quadrix Capital Management - were also elected.
City land owners to start paying higher rates in January
- Flagging shilling adds Sh1.1b to Safaricom’s debt servicing load
- Erastus Omolo appointed to Crowe Global Board of Directors
By Mike Kihaki
- Leader vs boss: Quick management tips for a winning team
By Tony Mutugi
- Moneycraft: Don’t borrow from yourself, it’s addictive
MONEY & MARKET
- KQ brands planes with wildlife images to support tourism
By Peter Theuri