Regional leaders arrive in Nairobi for LAPPSET meeting
| Jul 31st 2014 | 1 min read
NAIROBI,KENYA: Regional leaders are in the country for a consultative meeting on the Lamu Port, Southern Sudan-Ethiopia Transport (LAPPSET) corridor project.
President Yoweri Kaguta Museveni of Uganda, Ethiopian Prime Minister Hailemariam Desalegn and President Salva Kiir of South Sudan arrived this morning and were received at State House, Nairobi, by their host President Uhuru Kenyatta.
The LAPPSET project is expected to foster transport linkage between Kenya and other regional states.
The project will also promote regional socio-economic development along the transport corridor especially in Northern parts of Kenya.
Kenya is spearheading the project that is geared towards giving the region competitiveness in global maritime trade and promotion of international trade.
Top oil marketers tighten dominance in first 3 months
- Banks warn of more expensive loans as inflation climbs sharply
- Marketers seek to deepen sector's capacity as the society turns 60
By Ishaq Jumbe
- Magoha sued for failure to name quality control team
- Regulator recovers over Sh38m from rogue insurers
- Safaricom loses over 400,000 users in SIM registration drive