Kenya to host third water, electricity and power expo
By Standard Reporter | February 2nd 2016
NAIROBI, KENYA: Kenya is set to host the third water, electricity and power expo (Wepex 2016) which is the largest platform for products, services and technologies in the water and energy sectors.
The 3-day event is scheduled to take place at KICC from 2nd- 4th February, 2016.
According to organisers, the objective of the expo is to provide a platform to showcase latest technologies in the utilities industry, build awareness of products and services within the sectors, knowledge sharing and opportunities for best practices with the world’s leading players in the water, electricity and renewable energy industries.
Kenya’s utilities sector is expanding as an outcome of the growing demand for energy and water resulting from the rapid urban and industrial expansion, a fast-growing population, change in modern lifestyle and continuing government investment in infrastructure projects.
Kenya’s power and water demand has witnessed a rapid growth which has led to ambitious programmes to cater to the growing demand for utilities, providing a host of opportunities for private and market sector investors alike.
The event organized by IkapaMedia East Africa (Kenya) in conjunction with other stakeholders will bring together utility professionals from across the globe to learn, share knowledge and engage with Kenyan entrepreneurs on topics that will secure the future development of Kenya’s power and water industries
Why participate in WEPEX 2016 ?
1. Networking- The 3-day exhibition means more engagement time between delegates, visitors and exhibitors. Meet merchants and decision makers operating in one of the fastest growing economies in East Africa.
2. Inspiration- Great opportunities for Investment, Trading, Partnership, Distributorship, and agency with local businesses.
3. Opportunities- Opening new horizons in a market which serves a population of about 200 Million in Kenya and the neighboring countries. Any company with an interest in Africa’s power and water industry cannot afford to miss this event!
4. Marketing- Showcase and launch of new products and Position your brand as a key player in the field of Water, Electricity and Power sectors.
What to Expect at WEPEX 2016
i. Business to Business Opportunities
There are many opportunities to meet your next business partner or customer at the 3rd Wepex, 2016. Attend the Free B2B sessions for the opportunity to make more valuable business contacts.
ii. Show Floor/ Exhibition
The Exhibition is designed to create a platform for stakeholders to discuss real issues and solutions to the energy and water challenges and opportunities in Kenya. The exhibition offers attendees a highly efficient “one-stop” opportunity to demo the latest products in the sectors.
Kenyans’ poor tea culture: Blame it on sugar and milk
- Traders throng Mombasa for KRA's big sale
By Benard Sanga
- Hotels record higher uptake of local tourists
- Chris Kirubi’s ties with notorious tax haven raise eyebrows
- Why fuel is costlier in your town than in other areas
- SMEs must re-examine their business models